Both men and women come with several differences, especially in health problems. Some problems of health may occur differently on them. In addition, the health condition of a woman is sometimes undiagnosed. A health risk like pregnancy issue is able to threaten both mom and child. If it is not properly managed, it can harm them throughout pregnancy. However, there is some stuff you can do to reduce pregnancy issues especially to avoid birth defects.
What does a birth defect mean?
A condition that occurs at birth is commonly known as a birth defect. It can actually be seen after the baby is born like extra toes or finger or even a clubfoot. To find other issues, the mother will need further tests like hearing loss or a heart defect. However, some defects may not be seen immediately. Moreover, there are some causes that can lead to a birth defect like chromosome problems and genes problem. Contact during pregnancy to particular chemicals, infections, and medications can also cause the birth defect as well.
What should you do to reduce the risk of birth defects?
Since the cause is unknown, the birth defect is not able to be prevented. However, you can do some important steps to improve a healthy birth for your baby.
- See an Obgyn prior to, during and after your pregnancy regularly to have good prenatal guidance.
- Quit smoking is highly recommended to prevent your baby from birth defects since smoking is bad for pregnant mothers. Smoking during pregnancy can cause infant death, birth defect, and also preterm birth.
- Quit drinking alcohol. Consuming alcohol during pregnancy is not recommended since it can cause some serious health problems. When you plan to have a baby, it would be great to quit consuming some alcohol. Any kinds of alcohol and judi online are unsafe in the same way.
- Checking your health is also great especially before taking medications that can possibly include over-the-counter medicines.
- a healthy weight should also be maintained as it is important for your pregnancy. Women with obesity are at risk to have some kinds of dangerous complications during their pregnancy. If you are overweight it would be best to see a doctor to talk about ways to have an ideal weight before getting pregnant. In case you have diabetes, it will be important to see your doctor before to make sure that diabetes is well-controlled.
- Genetics plays an important role in many cases of birth defects. Therefore, you have to take a note of your family genealogy. If you have worries, it would be good to have an appointment with your doctor. The doctor will explain as well as giving some suggestions to reduce the risks of birth defects.
- Consuming folic acid on a daily basis. Before planning to get pregnant it is better to consume 400 mcg of folic acid. The folic acid is able to help avoid the foremost birth defect of the developing spine and brain.